Festivus! The Book
This book completes Festivus' transformation from borderline child endangerment to beloved pop-cultural footnote of the late 1990s.
~ Seinfeld Writer Dan O’Keefe
A humorous guide to the wackiest holiday introduced to modern society. Festivus! The Book is an up-to-date complete reference for anyone who celebrates Festivus or plans to join the fun. Learn all about the traditions of a Seinfeld-based Festivus and witness the nuances of the original Festivus, as celebrated by the O'Keefe family. See first-hand how Festivus is celebrated by others and receive plenty of advice and tips to aid in your own Festivus party plans.
- Blog Article: A Festivus Pole Every Time You Turn the Page
What foods should be prepared? Is meatloaf preferred? Should you organize a wrestling match with your father? Are you too feeble for wrestling? What about arm wrestling or even thumb wrestling? How should you Air your Grievances? Maybe this is an opportunity to complain about Grandma's clicking dentures… You'll find great answers to all these questions, and more.
Check out these great Amazon Reviews...
...my boyfriend, who is a huge Seinfeld buff, LOVES this book. I've caught him laughing while reading it. Sometimes he tries to explain the things he's read in the book and he is laughing so hard he can barely tell me what he's been reading!
...I loved this book! I'm now inspired to throw a Festivus party at work.
...I hope I don't come across as a know it all at the upcoming Festivus party. The author clearly loves Festivus as he has researched every tidbit of the holiday.
Title: Festivus! The Book: A Complete Guide to the Holiday for the Rest of Us
- 200 pages.
- ISBN: 978-1511556390
- 6" x 9" (15.24 x 22.86 cm)
- Black & White on White paper.
- Over 70 images included.
- Chapter 1: What's the Deal with Festivus?
- Chapter 2: The Seinfeld Story of Festivus
- Chapter 3: The O'Keefes (The Real Festivus)
- Chapter 4: "The Strike"
- Chapter 5: The Festivus Pole
- Chapter 6: Festivus Dinner
- Chapter 7: The Airing of Grievances
- Chapter 8: The Feats of Strength
- Chapter 9: Festivus Miracles
- Chapter 10: The Human Fund
- Chapter 11: Festivus Party Ideas
- Chapter 12: The Songs of Festivus
- Chapter 13: Festivus Tips
- Chapter 14: The Manifestations of Festivus
- Chapter 15: It's Festivus Everywhere!
- Chapter 16: What's the Deal with Seinfeldism?
- Chapter 17: The War on Festivus
- Chapter 18: Conclusion
- Appendix A: Seinfeld Foods
- Appendix B: Festivus Gift Exchange Script
- Appendix C: Festivus Glossary
- Appendix D: Festivus Quiz
- Photo Credits
About the Author: Mark Nelson’s Festivus knowledge has been quoted in national media such as the Los Angeles Times and USA Today. You may have heard him speak about Festivus on your local radio station such as Kenosha KLIP, WCBS National Radio and KSRO Sonoma. He has a great radio voice, like a cross between James Earl Jones… and Mr. Furley from Three’s Company. Webmaster of FestivusWeb.com in his off-hours, he spends his days working in a library. You know that little stamp? The one that says "Library"? Well, that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to him. One whole helluva lot. He would probably go on strike for a bagel, and often contemplates how cold cuts should be sliced thin so the flavor has nowhere to hide. His ultimate idea of comfort is to be ensconced in velvet and eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery.
This page last updated 5 September 2016 | Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org